Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ted Talks Sir Ken Robinson

Out of Our Minds: Learning to be creative

What a question, What will our world look like in 2065? I never really thought about it. I wake up in the morning and am constantly on the move and I personally don't take the time to stop and ponder. Now, that I think about how things have changed since I have been in grade school, WOW! I liked his point about valuing the creativity in people and educating the whole child. We have a tendency to educate only the mind and only on one side.

I distinctly remembering wanting to go into the arts, and my mother refused. What will you do with a graphic design degree? That was 25 years ago.

Keeping creativity alive, it is o-kay to be wrong. Mistakes are what make great things. Kids aren't afraid to make mistakes. I liked his thought - you will never come up with anything great if you are not prepared to wrong or afraid to be wrong. Creativity - looking at things differently.

No comments: