Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Readings for week April 16-April 20

These articles brought several good points and one several I might have to argue about. Yes, good technology and good teachers - What an awesome combination. I wish I would have been a student in school with this combination. I agree that software programs are much better and more beneficial today than even a year ago. I also really appreciate teacher sites - collaborative work of many teachers finding the best software to use for certain subjects - I have run across several of this sites lately - they are awesome. However, since when did we all become visual learners - what happened to multiple intelligence' ?????

I also think parents need to take an active role in controlling what sites kids go on and what they write on the web. I told my daughter the other day, it is O.K. to chat for a while but I get access to what you write and don't write anything you wouldn't want to be said about you. However, I still have a tough time, with the My Space thing and chat rooms. I am happy to hear someone is out there helping the young people. There is so much out there, how do you keep kids safe?????

No comments: